Just be sure to notice the collateral beauty.

Ok so there's a pattern here.... I'm not so good at regular blog updates :) I have been  busy with life, and it's been a mixed bag if I am honest!

Let me start with the biggest change, now I am not great with change. I pretend to be but it gives me anxiety and reduces me to a bit of a lunatic if I was to be honest. I decided to move from Poland to the UK, personal circumstances gave me a nudge and I can say that it was the hardest decision for me. I didn't feel scared for myself but for my 2 little humans, no one gives you the handbook about how to do the best thing for your children and if your decisions are right for them in the future.
After settling in I can say that for a start, the schools are outstanding and the welcome from the new people we are meeting has been overwhelming. So far so good I'd say ;)

Lets move on to travel :) I had the absolute pleasure to spend a total of 6 weeks in Egypt this summer! I had so many people warning me to stay out of this country because it was considered extremely dangerous....even the UK travel advise is to steer clear. The media stinks for this situation...Egypt looked zero like how the media present to the masses! Now I have many friends in Egypt so I followed my gut and travelled to Alexandria, and I am so pleased I did. What a welcome, what an experience and what memories I have for a life time. Now I am not advising anyone to go alone and travel through Egypt, definitely it helped I had friends there but apart from only 1 incident when a local security guard took the opportunity to ask for a photograph with me once my friend was out of sight for a maximum of 2 minutes...and then wrapped his arms around me which is considered totally forbidden in Egypt! I froze and took the picture and left as soon as my friend returned....apparently the European girl was an exception to these rules :/  Cairo is a buzzing city, cosmopolitan and it really surprised me as I was expecting it to be rather backwards in coming forwards but it was the opposite!
Now the North Coast of Egypt, now this was the place to be! A perfect holiday destination and I totally recommend it to you! See for yourselves snapshots of places I saw:













Now I don't want to brush over what has been a rather difficult year, at times I felt that life was terrible. Yet again it took the support and strength from those closest to me but it also showed me that not everyone is there to be a friend and I learned a hard lesson that not everyone who smiles at you is your friend. Once more my momma reminded me every single day that I am strong, that hard times pass and that I can take whatever life gave me. A special person to me also reminded me to keep going forward and that I was a fighter, and my beautiful friends who called and messaged every single day even when I was less than communicative to ask about me and to remind me I can do it. What a support network! I finally realised that even in the darkest moments, there is always the collateral beauty to be found! Always.

The next step? Forward. Always forward. And looking for the collateral beauty along the way. What I now know....I have a sound support system. How lucky does that make me? :)

Eyes on the prize. (accent)


That English Girl :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impossible is nothing.....

Reasons to travel....

Everything is possible...